Friday, May 9, 2008

Snap: Chelsea Handler




Dear Chelsea,
I'm sitting at the computer now... It's 10:32pm and I'm anxiously awaiting your show to start at 11:30. Like a junkie at a methadone clinic, I wait... 58 minutes and counting. Your inappropriate humor and various d-list, awkward interviews have me hooked. Did you know it's an art form to be able to turn an awkward interview into a tragic hot mess of giddy laughter? You my friend, are the professor and I am your eager student.

You are by far one of the best female comics around. Second only to Kathy Griffin. While we are talking about her I do feel the need to discuss something. I was watching your show the other night when you reported that Kathy had been dumped by apple creator Steve Wozniak and you and the panel kinda took a couple jabs at her. First of all, don't bite the hand that feeds you, because if it wasn't for her and female comics like her, the road would not have been paved for female comics like you to have your own show. That, and I don't hear my phone ringing with a personal phone call from you (See SNAP: Kathy Griffin) so step off.

But aside from that I really do love you. You bring a sense of east coast honesty that makes you stand out from the usual talk show format. Monday through Friday at 11:30 I know I can depend on you to make me chuckle, and for that I am grateful. What other late night show host has a sidekick like Chewy? I don't think that little nugget can be re-created and I applaud you for adopting a little person. It's so hard for them to find homes and I hear that they are being euthanised almost as often as kittens now, so bravo to you.

Keep up the good work.

UPDATE: To the tens of readers who actually come to this site, if you haven't already, go out and buy "Are you there Vodka? it's me, Chelsea." It's Chelsea's new book of short stories about her life. I laughed so hard I pee'd myself a little. It's an easy read and I think you'll feel a lot better about your life by the time you finish it.

No comments: