Monday, May 5, 2008

CRACKLE: DHL delivery service




So two weeks ago I was at the gay bar in Boston having a few beers and reading my book (Dress your family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris.) A guy from Mix98.5 came up to me and said they were doing a drawing for tickets to see Kathy Griffin. I gladly signed up because everyone knows I kind of worship her.

Cut to today. I'm sitting outside enjoying the sun, my coffee and a smoke when DHL pulls up to my house. The guy hands me an envelope and drives away. Hmmm, the package is addressed to me... I tear it open. "Congratulations! Your the Grad Prize Winner! Here are two front row tickets to see Kathy Griffin and two backstage passes!"

Oh em gee. I pee myself a little and start frantically running around the house looking for a phone. who should I take? maybe I'll take my mom for mothers
day! I can't believe I'm going to meet Kath... I look down at the tickets. Saturday, May 3rd.

DHL was supposed to deliver the package on Saturday, but instead it somehow got lost and didn't find its way to my house until today. TWO FUCKING DAYS LATE! I called the radio station in a gay panic, but didn't even know what to say. It's not their fault and I don't expect anything from them. I could call DHL, but the only thing that would accomplish would be for me to raise my voice while the person on the other end rolls their eyes at me.

So if everyone could please let out a collective gay sigh for me.

I just keep thinking that if I would have met her we would have had a witty banter and became instant besties... not like this creepster:

1 comment:

courier services said...

Well, it's better late than never. This is a sad thing on every courier company, they're always late. There are just few companies that deliver packages on time but these companies cost a lot.